Tecno Camon C8 and we will show you here, how to Download and Install it easily without wasting time.
As usual, there are Two ways to get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Camon C8.
1. Via OTA (Over the Air) – this is safest method, it’s being sent to you from either Google or the phone manufacturer, whatever the case may be, all you have to do is go to your Settings >> About >> And tap System Updates. The only ugly thing about these OTA updates is they are sent out to everyone’s phone; one after the other, it takes time to reach you unless you’re lucky to be among the first, you’ll have to wait for your turn, (people had been waiting since though) but if you can’t exercise the patience, use method Two.
2. Via Manual Flashing – This is done via SP Flashtools (a powerful PC Software for MTK devices) or via your normal Memory SD card.
Fortunately, this time, we’ll be using our memory cards to do this till we probably find a way to do it via SP Flashtool (perhaps some of you will prefer that), although we feel using memory card is much easier than flashtool software.
Just follow the Instructions below and you’ll be upgraded to Marshmallow on your Tecno Camon C8 at once.
N.B – Be sure to Unroot your device before proceeding with the upgrade, this is to Avoid any brick or bootloop issues.
Manual Install Guide – Android Marshmallow for Tecno Camon C8
1. Download the Tecno C8 Marshmallow update here (867MB)
It’s quite heavy so be patient and be sure your Internet is fast.
2. Place the downloaded file – Tcard_update_20160415 on root of your SD Card (Do not put it inside any folder)
3. Ensure your battery is well charged (at least 30%). Now Switch off your Tecno Camon C8
4. Enter boot menu , to do this >> press and hold Power button + volume up button until you see a startup logo, then release the Power Button Only when you see an Android logo.
5. Now, hold Power Button for 2 seconds and then press Volume Up button without releasing the power button until you see the below image.
6. Use the volume keys to Navigate down to where you see Apply Update from SD card. Once you reach the option, select it using the Power button.
7. Use the Volume Down to navigate to Tcard_update_20160415 then select it with the Power Button
8. The installation will begin, after some seconds you should see something like the screenshot below.
9. When you have seen the Installation from SD card complete,
use the volume key to scroll up and select “Reboot System” , your Camon C8 will restart and be upgraded to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. This upgrade should come customised with the new Tecno’s UI known as HiOS.