When you search the web, you’ll find there are various posts about how to root your Infinix Hot 2 (running Android 6 Marshmallow) floating already, they’re almost everywhere, I wanted to do this long time ago but didn’t because I owned another smartphone, hence didn’t have time to play with the Hot 2 until now that I got to root mine and changed the IMEI with no errors.
Also note that rooting is now a more important thing to do on Android 6.0 if you want to change the Infinix Hot 2 IMEI.
I’ll try to make this guide as simple as possible and “perhaps” different from the ones you may have read else where.
Let’s quickly Root the Infinix Hot 2 X510 running Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Your PC (Windows 7 or 8)
Working USB Cable
Things to Download
– Infinix Flash tool => DOWNLOAD HERE
– VCOM drivers=> DOWNLOAD HERE
– Recovery Enabler => DOWNLOAD HERE
– TWRP Recovery For Infinix Hot 2 AndroidOne_X510 => DOWNLOAD HERE
– Super Su for Infinix Hot 2 Marshmallow – Download Here
Once you have all requirements ready…
1. Unzip these downloaded files and keep them on your Desktop – Recovery enabler and TWRP recovery for Hot 2
Secondly, move the Super SU.zip into the Root folder of your Infinix Hot 2. It should like the Screenshot below when you moved it.
2. Launch the Infinix Flash tool.exe (Run as Admin)
3. Wait for few minutes, when it opens, select
4. Pick up your Hot 2 and activate Developer and USB debug mode(found in Settings). Switch off the phone and remove the Battery.
5. Now Infinix flashtool must have opened, click browser and pick enable recovery button Infinix hot2 a1 >> Select and open MT6580_Android_scatter >> Click Start
6. Now pick your Infinix Hot 2 and plug in the USB, and wait a few minutes for the file to install into the device. You get a “Download OK” pop-up if successful.
7. Again, flash the TWRP Recovery For Infinix Hot 2 using same steps in 5 and 6. Disconnect the USB when done.
Completing the Rooting Process on the Infinix Hot 2
Flashing that TWRP is what grants you access to the Boot & Recovery Menu.
8. Now enter your Boot Menu, Press and Hold the Power + Volume Up Button
9. From the Menu >> Select Install >> Select the SuperSu.zip
After the Installation, go back to the Main Menu and select Reboot.
After rebooting, SuperSU app may ask you to Download SUPER SU Installer to complete the Process, just switch your Internet on and Download it, once download it complete, it will install and restart your Device.
Congrats, you’ve successfully rooted your Hot 2. Use Root checker to Confirm root access.
Changing IMEI on your Infinix Hot 2 (on Android 6.0 Marshmallow)
To do this, Simply Head to Google PlayStore and Install the Chamelphon APK.
It requires root access and will change your Hot 2 IMEI.
Hope this guide was easy for you.